I’ve been thinking about what I would like to see for new priest talents in Wrath of the Lich King (WotLK). I know that some of these may seem a bit outrageous, but hear me out. I am being (somewhat) serious, here.
- I want dual-wielding, unarmed (or fist) weapon specialization, and the ability to add int (or spirit) to weapon damage. Yes, I want my monk class. The reflective shield and pain suppression talents are already steps in that direction. Let’s finally give this tree some definition and focus.
- I would be happy with another five ranks of Empowered Healing. I know we won’t get it, but a girl can dream, right?
- I find it likely that we could get another kind of AoE heal (Circle of Renew?). That might be useful if we can choose what area it targets (like with Mass Dispel).
- How about an Improved Prayer of Mending talent that would cause Prayer of Mending to work as a weak Renew while it is on someone?
- One suggestion that comes up on the Official Priest forums all the time is giving us a holy form. We already have that; it’s called Spirit of Redemption. What I would like to see, though, is an improved form of it where any holy spell can be cast from it (Resurrection, Smite, etc.).
- Given the direction that shadow seems to be going, I could see us getting a mana drain/syphon DoT.
- A shadow AoE DoT (similar to Seed of Corruption) would be awesome, or any shadow AoE damage spell for that matter.
- Priests have a lot of abilities that are similar to warlocks, but just not to the level they have them (their 15 sec. fear vs. our 8 sec. fear, for instance). I know it is reaching here, but could shadow priests get a self-only soulstone ability? Given that priests have no permanent threat dump, this Shadow Word: Horcrux talent, or whatever you want to call it, can help solve that problem (as death is currently our only way to permanently reduce threat). Also, it gives a form of wipe prevention. Besides durability loss, it would have to have some other obvious drawback, such as not being able to use your shadowfiend while this is active.