The PTRs are down, and the rumor that is spreading like wildfire is that patch 2.2.0 can be rolled out as soon as Tuesday.
What does this mean for us?
- Mass dispel will no longer target non-combat pets. I will no longer have to yell at groupmates to put away Precious (and I can put my Captured Firefly back into my bag!).
- Voice chat in-game.
- It will be much easier to find enchanters who can do Subtlety enchants to cloak.
- Crowd control spells will only last 10 seconds in PvP.
- DoTs are affected by resiliance.
Here are the rest of the notable changes proposed from the Test Realm Patchnotes:
- Focused Power: This talent now increases the hit chance of all components of Mass Dispel correctly.
- Inner Focus: This ability will no longer lose charges when Shadowguard or Touch of Weakness is triggered.
- Lightwell: The heals from this ability are now increased by the bonus healing effects on the Priest.
- Mass Dispel: The portion of this spell that removes immunity effects (Blessing of Protection, Ice Block, etc.), now has a chance to be resisted, and will display correctly to the combat log. It will no longer cause Rogues and Druids in Cat Form to lose stealth.
- Mind Control: Creatures immune to this spell will now cause an immediate error message rather than make it seem like the spell succeeded with no effect.
- Mind Control duration against PvP targets has been reduced to 10 seconds.
- Pain Suppression: This talent will now reduce the chance for any buff on the Priest to be dispelled, rather than reduce the chance of dispelling buffs cast while it is active.
- Prayer of Mending: This spell can no longer jump to an Imp with Phase Shift active. It will also no longer cause the healed target to stand up.
- Prayer of Mending: This ability will now be triggered when a player takes damage from effects placed on friendly targets.
- Shadowguard: This ability will now work properly even when the Priest is stunned, fleeing, or incapacitated.
- Shackle Undead: It is no longer possible to have Shackle Undead on two targets at the same time in the outdoor world.
- Surge of Light: This ability now properly grants its effects to one and only one casting of Smite each time it activates. Interaction issues with Inner Focus have been fixed.
- Touch of Weakness: This ability will now trigger properly if struck while mounted.
- Voice Chat – The new Voice Chat feature is now available in game.
- Chat Channels- New Chat Channel controls and functionality are now available under the chat tab in the Social Window of the interface.
- A new feature for reporting players as being AFK in battlegrounds by right clicking has been added.
- Haste: Haste has been rebalanced. This change results in … an increase in the benefit for spellcasters.
- Troll Berserk: The spell haste on this ability was incorrectly too high and has been corrected.
- Resilience Rating: The reduction to the percent chance to get a critical strike now also reduces the damage dealt by damage over time effects by the same percentage.
- Area Spells: In some cases guards in neutral areas would not aggro against pvp attacks from area spells. That is now fixed.
- Non-combat pets may not be selected as the target for spells or abilities
- Dueling players may not use a Lightwell that they didn’t create themselves.
- Arena calculations have been modified. In addition, the penalty for smaller arena teams (2v2, 3v3) has been slightly reduced.
- Items that are indicated as quest items in their tooltips and have a “use” or “equip” ability will not work in PvP arenas.
- Players will no longer be able to change armor once an arena battle has begun. Changing armor will still be available during the one-minute prep time prior to the battle. Main hand, off hand and range weapon swapping in combat remains unchanged.
- Avatar Raiment Set: The set bonus for Renew now increases the duration of Renew by 3 seconds instead of increasing the target’s resistance.
- Darkmoon Card: Crusade: This item can no longer trigger from Mind Soothe, Soothe Animal, or Mind Vision.
- Formula: Enchant Cloak – Subtlety: This enchanting recipe is now available from the Thrallmar Quartermaster and Honor Hold Quartermaster. The reagents required have been adjusted to match the level 70 content.
- Increased the duration of the Mystical Skyfire Diamond’s cast speed buff to 10 seconds.
- Incarnate Raiment Set: The Flexibility buff from this set is no longer removed by taking damage.
- Mark of Defiance: This item is now triggered from landing harmful spells on a target, instead of just direct-damage spells.
- Marshal’s Silk Cuffs: Critical strike rating on this item now the same as General’s Silk Cuffs.
- Mystical Skyfire Diamond: Channeled spells will now properly consume the Focus effect.
- Various crafting recipes have been added to the Violet Eye faction vendor.
- Alchemy: Flask of Shadow Fortification will transform into the Flask of Pure Death. This new flask increases Frost, Fire, and Shadow spell damage.
- Alchemy: A new flask that increases all resists and stats has been added to the Violet Eye reputation vendor.
- Jewelcrafting: Added a recipe for Steady Talasite to the Halaa vendors. This new recipe requires Halaa Research Tokens to purchase and creates a superior green gem that grants Resilience and Stamina.
Dungeons and Raids
- Tempest Keep and Coilfang raid bosses will now all drop at least 3 items each.
- Caverns of Time- Escape from Durnholde Keep: Human Illusion: This effect in Old Hillsbrad will no longer be applied to Dwarf and Human Priests when they exit Shadowform.
- Caverns of Time- Escape from Durnholde Keep: The Thrall escort event now allows 20 tries at completing the event instead of 3.
- The following old-world factions have had their acquisition rate significantly increased: Cenarion Circle, Argent Dawn, Timbermaw Hold.
- Monstrous Kaliri: This creature now has loot.
- Vindicator Aeus in the Aldor bank is no longer attackable by players who are members of the Scryer faction.
- Fixed problem where players could be disconnected by clicking on an item link in cross-server battlegrounds.
- Dressing room models for females are now showing the correct head when transformed into a Fel Orc via the Dragonmaw Illusion.